Thursday, October 06, 2005

Hmm
I did consider myself to be old-fashioned when it came to certain issues... of course, my ideas and perspectives changed with time... The following is from an article I had read long ago-it hits the nail on the head, is powerful and universally relevant:

"It needs to be said out very loud that sex is not about making love and making love is not about penetration, ejaculation and orgasm. It needs to be quickly understood that genital sex cannot be connoted as mainstream sexuality and that virtue cannot reside only in a woman's vagina; it can well be in a male body.

Virtue, after all, is an internal state, virginity is a choice and the vagina is an anatomical structure. There are two messages that need to be changed- that maleness is not a natural endowment, rather a precarious state which you must achieve at all cost. That the penis has a mind all of its own and once aroused it has to do its own thing."

2 Comments:

Blogger AlterinG Abhishek said...

Where have you copied this from????

I am interested in knowing where this text comes from?
Dont mind and take it in some other sense...
i am not among the other insurance and other ad peeps who have commented over ur blog!!

you can just check out my blog which is for real..
:-))

5:47 PM  
Blogger Renuka Rane said...

Excuse me, I have clearly stated that I found this in the newspapers, and not copied it.
Duh!

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home